Today Jarom and Kenna had their soccer games on muddy fields under scattered showers. They both did great again! Both picked up a couple goals and played hard! We love soccer! For some reason it seems even more fun in the rain, especially when they win! Jarom's and Makenna's games were within a half hour of each other so we had to juggle the little girls a bit. I had Aubree the first part of Kenna's game and she quickly figured out a fun game of running onto the field or down the sideline towards the goal laughing the whole way until I caught her. Such a tease!
Afterwards we headed over to one of our church houses by the Idaho Center for the Dia de la Familia (Hispanic family day open house). It was tons of fun; free lunch, cotton candy, jumpy things, horse rides (yes, that's where I got kicked -just glad it wasn't one of the kids), music and dancing performances and all the open house displays inside the church house.
This week has been a little crazy for us all and it seems like we've run from one thing to the next so maybe I'm glad I have to sit down for a little. In a nut shell there have been soccer practices, church meetings, big Young Women's activity, spanish translations, art classes, piano lessons, family home evening trip to Coldstone (we HAD to use our 4 coupons for free child's ice cream!), art project of mine, dentist appointments, visiting teaching, girls night jog, date night babysitting, planting our tomatoes, preschool field trip to the fish hatchery, finally de-cluttering the kids rooms(long overdue!), and hanging a beautiful new painting of the Idaho Falls Temple in my bedroom!-my early mother's day gift to myself :)(Have you seen the prints at culturalhall.com? Wait 'till they come to your nearby Costco to get it up to 50% off!). I decided I needed to support other artists too, other than myself. I only have my paintings on our walls because they are always "free." - kinda, if you don't count all the hours of personal toil, sweat, and frustrated tears over them.
We've accomplished a lot, had a lot of fun, and we're ready for a day of rest tomorrow on the Sabbath. Hope you all had a good week! Only 20 days of school left for us!!! We are so excited for summer! Already 2 camping trips scheduled on the calendar!
Here's the kids in their Easter dress:
what a good picture of the kids! I'm glad you put the website on there for the temple pictures...I just ordered one (similar) of the SLC temple from Boyd's bookstore because they didn't have Orlando...but for some reason that website won't let me see the Orlando one! That is cool your costco will get those in-I seriously doubt ours will! My email is rtdanson@hotmail.com-I would love to see how the Flint's are doing...where do they live now?
ReplyDeleteHey Melissa. I just thought that I would stop blog stalking you and leave a comment. I am sorry you got kicked by a horse no fun there!!! And I feel you on the busy week. After tomorrow's lesson I just want to collapse and nap!
ReplyDeleteLovely picture!! cant believe they are all growing so quickly! you are lucky that summer is now here, well for you guys at least, its gettting pretty cold down south here in South africa, but i guess we cant have all the warmth all the time. :) Hope you doing well! xxx
ReplyDeleteMakenna looks SO much like you!!! I just made another batch of yogurt, we'll see how it turns out :)
ReplyDeleteHow's the leg? Hope it's feeling better! Sure do enjoy your blog!
ReplyDeleteOk,we really want to go camping this summer too. We need to plan a trip together!
ReplyDeleteI thought about going to the Dia de la Familia as well, but the extent of my Spanish is "Burrito" and "Nacho Libre" ...and since I don't know many natives, and didn't want to don the "tight, stretchy pants"... :-)
ReplyDeleteDon't know if you knew about the free meal at KFC coupons that are floating around. We ate there last night and the place was packed. Personally, I'm not a fan of their new "grilled" chicken. I'd much rather roll my own "11 herbs and spices" and grill it on my own.
If he's interested, show Boyd the Parasail Practice video we posted on our blog ourowncreation.blogspot.com. I'm hoping to do 1 or 2 more land based sessions, and then take it out on the boat for an un-manned test run before flying live. The wind tonight should be good, about 14mph. If I head out to the field behind the Stake Center, ask him if he wants me to give him a call. :-)
Thanks for the inspiration, Melissa! I am going to try the yogurt and jam today! I have had a package of pectin in my cupboard waiting to be used! Sorry to hear you were kicked by a horse...
ReplyDeletehi melissa~ Just wanted to leave a comment to say "hi" and let you know that i was sorry to hear that you were kicked by a horse. not fun. Hope you are feeling better.
ReplyDeletesusie de Groot