



It has been forever since we've been rollerskating. I think maybe I went a couple of times at Ricks College (nearly 14 years ago!) but my most vivid rollerskating memories were of youth activities at the rollerskating rink in Morro Bay back in California where I grew up. That and rollerskating with childhood friends on the concrete foundations of the condos (before they were framed)that went up next to our neighborhood back in grade school. I remember we'd make up Spanish dances with our skates on and always have a grand finish with "Ole!" It was so much fun. It was a little different being a mom and taking 4 kids rollerskating that have not really had any experience with it before. They were surprisingly pretty anxious about the whole thing and repeatedly expressed their concerns (which actually is so unlike them, they're usually up for trying anything, except new foods), but it was "free skating night" (if you brought a can of food for the food drive)so we were definitely going! I couldn't stop laughing it was so much fun. There were bumps and bruises and many falls but overall by the end of the night we had all improved and wanted to go back for more. Saryn was a die hard and kept Boyd and I busy taking turns to skate with her around the rink (what a work out for our arms, backs, and abs! I was sore!) It was fun to have our friends there too, the Flints.
Makenna (not sure on the spelling) is so tall! It's so hard to believe how much she has grown!
ReplyDelete