I've heard some inspiring thoughts from a few friends who are moms and thought I'd pass them along. One told me about a comic strip in which a woman asks a mom with 4 kids, "How do you divide your love among all those kids? The mom replied, "I don't divide it, I multiply it." I thought no statement could be more true! Don't you just feel more love and also receive more love in return? A friend of mine with 3 little boys heard the phrase that I also frequently hear when I'm found with all 4 of my kids; "Wow, looks like you've got your hands full!" It seems the phrase is also often accompanied with wide eyes, raised eye brows and a hint of sarcasm. My friend came up with the most appropriate reply; "I'd rather have them full than empty."
4 years ago
I love it! I am going to start using that line when I have someone make that comment to me! Perfect.
ReplyDelete