Yesterday Jarom came home from school and announced that they celebrated their 100th day of school for the year. Among the many activities that revolved around the number 100 Jarom answered these questions: (his answers are in bold)
1. I wish I had 100 dolers (dollars).
2. But I wouldn't want 100 moms (could you blame him!?!).
3. I could eat 100 braneas (brownies).
4. But I could never eat 100 donits (doughnuts).
5. I could lift 100 tables.
6. But I could never lift 100 roofs.
7. If I had 100 dollars I would buy a car.
Jarom loves school and comes home nearly every day and says, "We had a great day!" or "We had a fun day!" He has such a great teacher who frequently ends her weekly newsletters with "I love this job!" ALL the kids in her class past the Idaho Reading Indicator (IRI) with the highest score (3). They earned a PJ party for this Friday. Jarom is such a shy kid when he's not at home or around people he's not very comfortable with. At home he's wired with tons of that rough boy energy and when he's tired or hungry (like all kids) we don't see his best side but this is what his teacher had to say on his report card that came home this week: "I can always count on Jarom to be on task and working hard. He is an excellent student. He is a great example for others to follow. He pushes himself without becoming frustrated. I am so proud of all of his hard work. He is a sweet boy with a very kind heart. I am lucky to have him in my class." We feel pretty lucky to have him in our family. Thank goodness we have at least one boy, and a great one at that!
Melissa-
ReplyDeleteIt is so good to see your family. I can't believe How much all the kids have grown. It would be nice to have the park and all the kids in the front yard back. I miss having moms to socialize with as the kids play.
Wendy
Melissa,
ReplyDeleteI love your blog. I need to set one up, I just don't know how. Thanks again for coming to Andrew's Baptism, it meant a lot to have you there.
Talk to you soon,
Jennica