This article in the Boise Statesman titled, "Emmett woman hopes to thank the heroes who pulled her from burning truck" made me laugh and cry....I must be pregnant. We're due May 14th and course they're all hoping for a boy but we'll see what we get.
In other news; Halloween seemed to sneak up on us and fly by this year with such a busy month. Boyd and I dressed up as tacky tourists and had fun at Halloween parties and a couples dance. We painted our pumpkins for Family Home Evening, had a Halloween party for the kids when it was our turn to babysit for date night, dressed the kids in their costumes and did their hair numerous times for their various Halloween parties and trick or treating, and ended up with plenty of candy. Makenna was a pirate, Jarom a ninja, Saryn a fairy from Tinkerbell, and Aubree was Sleeping Beauty. On Halloween day Jarom and Makenna finished their soccer season with great games. Makenna's team was small this year, only 7 players and 6 play at a time. But it had it's advantages and they really got to know each other well and learn how to read each other's movements and thoughts which made them a very successful team. We constantly switched them in positions and they could play any where and still make it work well. We worked a lot on dribbling skills, passing, and shooting which became a great strength to them and it showed in every game. Makenna has played for nearly 5 years now and plays very well and smart. Sometimes while playing defender she'd get the ball and have the whole side line open, so I'd have her break from her position and dribble up the side and score. She had some great moves and shots. Still she is wanting to take a break and try gymnastics for a bit as well as Jarom. Jarom has strong legs for such a little guy and packs a powerful shot and from quite a distance. He's an awesome little player.
Saryn is enjoying preschool and her ballet class. She is starting to pick up on her reading and is loving it. She is constantly looking for words all around her and recognizing some she can sound out.
Aubree loves to sing and is constantly singing around the house. I'm surprised how many songs she knows, every now and then I realize she is singing one I didn't know she knew that she picked up on in nursery at church. We finally gave her a little CD player for her room so she could listen to music whens he falls asleep at night like the other kids. She turned 2 years old and is really into puppies. She got a couple for her birthday and plays constantly with them.
Boyd rolled his ankle at early morning basketball this week and it is quite swollen. Luckily he's in the right profession to take great care of himself. He's been doing ultrasounds on it and icing lots.
I've been busy teaching preschool this week, teaching art class, having our end of the season soccer party, finishing up an art commission, and trying to get things ready for a big Young Women's activity next week. But I'm still making time for to make a few items I've been craving lately like white bean chili and broccoli salad. mmmmmmm. I've been a lot more tired and sick this pregnancy than I remember from the others.
Enjoy a few pictures, I haven't downloaded the kids Halloween pics yet. They'll come sooner or later.
I love the puppy cake that you made. I have no talent in that area!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you are expecting! That is great, you are only 1 month behind me (are any of our kids farther apart than a few months?) I have been more sick and yucky with this one too. Hope you feel great, makes me wish we lived closer. Your kids are growing as fast as mine!
ReplyDeleteWOW thats amazing news! So excited for you...again Lol :) Sounds like the days have been filled with lots of fun! Cant believe how quickly all the kids are growing up! I'm so glad that i can watch them grow up, even though im on the other side of the world! And it helps me recognise them for my trip next year! love you guys! X
ReplyDelete