He is the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords! Merry CHRISTmas!!!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Another Busy Saturday


Good morning. The first thing Saryn does when she wakes up is get dressed. Most often she chooses a dress, a tutu, or ballerina leotard. But today is Saturday. So she came downstairs all dressed in her soccer uniform with a big smile on her face. It's game day folks! Saryn plays in an indoor soccer league for ages 3-5 at a local church. She loves it and had a few good kicks and goalie saves last game. After years of watching her siblings in various activities from the sidelines, Saryn is so excited to finally have something she can do! She's quite the little dribbler but you'd never know that since it is major swarm ball at this age. It's tons of fun to watch.
Jarom just came downstairs with his basketball jersey shirt on. He has his first basketball game today. Last week Old Navy had their blowout clearance sale
(50% off their clearance prices! WAHOO!)and I found two polyester, sleeveless, basketball jerseys for just over a buck. Jarom was so excited and had to change into one after school the other day when he had basketball practice. It's freezing here, traces of snow still on the ground, and I could detect small goosebumps on his little arms. "Go get a sweatshirt on at least!" I ordered. He grudgingly obeyed but while we were getting his school reading done he claimed, "Mom, my hands are getting hot, I need to take my sweatshirt off!" I told him he could push his sleeves up.
Makenna started piano lessons! One of my friends teaches her and in exchange I teach her daughter art lessons. It looks like I might be getting some more art students too. It's been lots of fun and good for me to go back through all my art stuff (It seems like I have forgotten a lot). Makenna loves it so far. She even gets some lessons and practice time at school in music class and already knows so much more about music than I do! We got a keyboard for Christmas and it has been a lot of fun for the kids to discover all the sound effects, auto songs, and more. Makenna, Saryn and Aubree (and sometimes Jarom) can be found frequently choreographing and dancing in the front room. Makenna loves crafts too; creating little houses for her Littlest Pet Shop animals, making cards, and wall hangings.
Aubree is such a busy and fearless girl! So many cupboards, closets, and draws to explore and destroy! I constantly feel like I'm doing 10 things at once and 9 of those things include chasing Aubree, pulling her down off from the table or counter, pulling her out of a drawer, grabbing something away from her, prying something out of her mouth, getting her un-stuck, finding her something else to eat, pulling her off one of the kids (she likes to tackle them), and more. She's so much fun. I'm finally grateful that we still have folding chairs for our nice dinning table. They are constantly folded up against the wall lately to prevent Aubree from using them as leverage. I'm practing posting photos; this photo is Aubree on Christmas day. First the kids dumped out their stockings. For Aubree everything stopped there. She found two dumb dumb suckers in her stocking and she HAD to eat one! We finally gave in, after all Christmas only comes once a year!
We kind of had a crazy, but fun Christmas break. My younger brother Brad got married before Christmas. All of my family got together for that; Dustin and his family from Guatemala, Trent and his crew from Rigby (15 min. from my parents), Tyler from SLC, and of course mom, dad and Kyle. Lots of fun, food, parties, games. We returned to Boise for Christmas but ended up heading back to Rexburg for Boyd's uncle's funeral. Hope you had a great Christmas too!
We'll I better go and ger ready for the day. Today isn't as packed as last Saturday. Last week included a trip to the temple, Saryn's soccer game, a trip to Idaho City to go sledding with the Youth Group, decorating for the stake dance, and then Boyd and I chaperoned for the dance. Boyd and I were in charge of the games for the dance and had a blast! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Yea! I am so excited to keep up with your blog! Looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete